AAWCC Oregon Memorial Scholarship Fund
In celebration of Marcia Keith and Artis vanRassel
The AAWCC Oregon Board is pleased to be able to offer scholarships to those who are unable to obtain funding for attendance from the college, local chapter, or staff development fund. While the Board wishes to assist as many individuals as possible, it may not be able to fulfill all requests. Applications are due four weeks prior to fall conference and summer conference.
Selection and Notification
In reviewing the applications, the committee will consider the scholarship funds budgeted for the conference and the financial need of the applicant. If necessary, priority may also be given based on any of the following:
- Date application received (first come, first served)
- First-time conference attendee
- First-time scholarship application
- Representative from a traditionally under-represented community college
Scholarship Awards and Reimbursement Process
- Scholarship awards for conference registration and lodging will be paid directly by AAWCC. Recipients should work with the VP of Finance for arranging registration and lodging accommodations.
- Generally, one night of lodging will be awarded for Summer Conference and two nights of lodging for Fall Conference. If applicants reside more than 75 miles from the conference site, an additional night’s lodging may be awarded.
- Scholarship requests for transportation costs will be awarded on a reimbursement basis following the conference. Recipients should make their own transportation arrangements to and from the conference and plan to pay for those costs in advance. If this presents a hardship, the VP of Finance should be notified and an alternative will be arranged, if possible.
- Reimbursements, if needed, will be processed promptly, usually within 15 days of receipt of request.
- Scholarships are not transferable to another individual.
- Scholarship applicants who are not awarded a scholarship will be allowed to register for the conference at the discounted early registration rate.
- Recipients may be asked to volunteer at the conference.
For scholarship consideration, please complete the online application four weeks prior to fall or summer conference.
For questions, contact AAWCC Vice President of Finance: Lisa Fletcher-Gordon, Southwestern Oregon Community College, firstname.lastname@example.org.