AAWCC Oregon Chapter Memorial Scholarship Fund
In celebration of Marcia Keith and Artis vanRassel
The AAWCC Oregon Board is pleased to be able to offer scholarships to those who are unable to obtain funding for attendance from the college, local chapter, or staff development fund. While the Board wishes to assist as many individuals as possible, it may not be able to fulfill all requests. Applications are due four weeks prior to fall conference or two weeks prior to summer conference.
Selection and Notification
In reviewing the applications, the committee will consider the scholarship funds budgeted for the conference and the financial need of the applicant. If necessary, priority may also be given based on any of the following:
- Date application received (first come, first served).
- First time conference attendee
- First time scholarship application
- Representative from a traditionally under-represented community college
- Scholarship will be awarded on a cost reimbursement basis. Recipients must make their own travel and lodging arrangements and pay for the costs directly in advance. If this presents a hardship, the Treasurer should be notified and an alternative will be arranged if possible.
- The maximum lodging expense allowed will be based on the rate for one person at the conference hotel. Recipients must be willing to share a room with another recipient.
- Reimbursements will be processed promptly, usually within 15 days of receipt.
- Scholarships are not transferable to another individual.
- Scholarship applicants who are not awarded a scholarship will be allowed to register for the conference at the discounted early registration rate.
- Recipients may be asked to volunteer at the conference.
For scholarship consideration, please print the application and send the completed form to Cherie Maas Anderson four weeks prior to fall conference or two weeks prior to summer conference.
Cherie Maas Anderson
Portland Community College Sylvania Campus, CT 219
PO Box 19000, Portland, OR 97280
971-722-4266, firstname.lastname@example.org, Fax 971-722-4874
If you have questions, call Cherie at (971) 722-4266.